Thursday 29 July 2010

Little Child and Dad

When I was a baby, I was not afraid of heights because I knew that I was safe in my Father's hands. He was over 6ft tall and we would do gymnastics together, he would put me on his shoulders and walk down the beach. In the beginning, he held my hands, then he would let my little hands go. 


Then he would hold my little feet, then when I was ready he stopped holding my feet. In hindsight, I know he was teaching his little child to stand on his shoulders without help, to stand on her own two feet. 


He was also teaching her balance. This enabled and empowered the child of two years old; to stand on the back of a donkey while it was walking, with perfect balance on her own. She was dauntless. What a fantastic dad. 


When she was older he taught her gymnastics of a different kind. At 12 years old he  taught her how to debate in public. How to use her voice to make the most important point. He shared with her how to take on the oppressors of the children of the world and the reasons why it was important. He taught her how man had died for her freedom to be and that she was born free. He knew that his song would stay with her forever to help the children of the world. 










http://christvisionloveunion.blogspot.com/2010/07/exultation-of-women-and-children.html



ELIAKIM JOSEPH-SOPHIA

No comments:

Post a Comment